Particular groups of customers can be targeted or even individuals. Offering individual customers special deals on merchandise and/or services on the customer's birthday, for instance, is one example of email marketing personalization
- The two big advantages of email marketing are price and ease. Emailing is an inexpensive way to advertise your company and its products and/or services compared to many other types of marketing.
- It's also extremely easy to set up and track an email marketing campaign, making it a very accessible type of marketing for small businesses.
- 94% of Internet users use email, while only 61% use social media
- 75% of adult online users say that email marketing is their preferred marketing method
- the "opt-in" feature of email allows marketing by consent
- email marketing allows targeting by demographics (age, income, etc.)