WHAT IS SOCIAL BOOKMARKING?
When a link is ready to be put into a social bookmarking network, it is first tagged or submitted to a social bookmarking site. It is tagged with three keywords that are optimized on the website, and then a description of the website is added. From that point on, it can be searched through the keywords on the network.
What Does Social Bookmarking Do For Businesses?
No social bookmarking definition can be complete without an analysis of what it can do for businesses. Obviously, social bookmarking has some excellent marketing qualities, or nobody would do it. Some of the ways that social bookmarking helps businesses include:
- Building relevant incoming links
- Draws visitors
- Draws new clients or customers
- Helps people find the business
- Helps businesses find other businesses
- Draws a lot of traffic
What Websites Are Known Social Bookmarks?
There are many websites out there that are known as social bookmarking sites, or define social bookmarking. These sites are meant strictly to list these links and make them searchable. Some of these websites are private and you have to pay a fee to search through them, but others are free for anyone to use, obviously looking for regular people to use them. Some of these social bookmarking websites are:
- Technorati.com – A blog and business social bookmarking website
- Del.icio.us – A popular social bookmarking service that is the most famous
- Yahoo Bookmarks – A bookmarking service hosted by Yahoo.com as one of their many services
- Google Bookmarks – Another bookmarking service, hosted by Google.com and intended for normal people as well as businesses to use.
Click here to order